This recipe for Sweet Potato Souffle submitted into our Thanksgiving recipe contest by Jane Barr is her son's favorite dish. It sounds so yummy, it just might become your favorite, too. Submit the recipe you crave the most each Thanksgiving in our contest, and you may win dinner for two at Longevity Restaurant!
1. Boil 6 sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until soft.
2. Peel potatoes and mash. Mash into the potatoes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup of hot milk or cream.
3. Add to the mashed potatoe mixture,
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup.
4. Beat all with an electric beater until smooth and fluffy.
5. Pour mixture into a lightly greased souffle dish
6. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes
7. Open oven and add topping (below) Place back in oven for approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
6 tlb. butter (softened)
3/4 c. of brown sugar
1 cup of crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup of chopped pecans